Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall Equinox and Snow!


Today is the fall equinox and it is snowing. (No we are not ready for winter yet.) The day and night are equal today everywhere on earth even here in the subarctic. After today we will get darker and darker until the winter solstice on Dec. 22nd when the sun will start to come back to us. Whew that seems like a long dark time away.






I have not been posting much lately because I have gone back to grad school. This is what my life looks like right now. It is an interesting program on rural community and economic development. The program is all on line, which is the only way I am able to do it.

I am still homeschooling Isa and she has been great self directing her own learning and giving me time to do mine. I have told her that we are both homeschooling now! We just finished learning about Africa, Islam, and mosaics. Here she is doing a project making mosaics. After you make your mosaic we then iron it and the little beads melt. Don't look to close, you may be getting one for Christmas!

No comments: