Friday, January 2, 2009


Happy New Year! Here in Unalakleet new years day is celebrated by having community games and potluck. Here is Isa getting ready to race. She did great winning 5 of the 6 races she was in. After foot races the kids all had musical chair and wheelbarrow races. The little kids (4 and 5 year olds) were not allowed to participate in those ones yet.







After the kids the adults got to play. All the adults in the gym were expected to play all sorts competitions. Here are a couple of pictures of me doing a basketball relay race. Jeremy was a bit worried that my competitive side would take over and I might do something drastic but I behaved myself. My team won of course.












Jeremy and I got kicked out early on this game that is like musical chairs, only the man is the chair. The women walk one way and the men walk the other way. When the music stops the men kneel and the women rush over to their man and sit down. The last to sit down loses. We were the first ones out.







The last game Jeremy entered was the most impressive. Two men held a pole, the contestant has to hold on to the pole one handed and then they run with the contestant. Jeremy scored second! holding on the entire length of the gym.

It was great fun!















No comments: